Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just Some Random Stuff

To prevent all 2 of you who view my blog from getting bored, here are some other images for you to feast your eyes on.  These are just some random things I've done over the past few months.  

These two are t-shirt designs I did for our residence hall here on campus Miller/Meadows.  We are known as the retirement home, so I decided to embrace the stereotype, and make a fun shirt.



I think the green one is the frontrunner for the design contest right now, which I don't really understand, I like the brown one better, but oh well.

This next piece is one I did in photoshop after the election.  There were a lot of unnecessarily harsh words said about the newly elected president.  (You can tell you go to a fairly conservative college when people get this upset about a democrat being elected).  Anyway, I'm not a very vocal person, so instead of adding to the noise, I created this image to remind everyone that we are one united nation, and it is our duty to stand behind our newly elected president no matter what your views are.  Probably didn't make much impact, but It's a pretty sweet image if I do say so myself.



This is a sketch I did while playing around in Alias Sketchbook one day.  Nothing too special, and it doesn't really make sense if you look at it as one picture.  I just drew the guy in the boat and I liked the way he looked, and I was doodling on the rest of the page.  I started with the mouth of the fish, not knowing what it was going to be, it ended up being a fish, and I liked both images, so I kept them.  The fact that both are in water is a coincidence.


So That's all I have for you today.  You may notice I added a list of links on the right side of my blog here.  It is links to some of my friends blogs.  Feel free to check them out, they are all studying this stuff for a living, so all their material is much better than mine.  (And I'm ok with that)  haha.  Also, if you feel so inclined, you could tell more people about my blog and to check it out.  It's always nice to know you are doing this for a reason other than for your mom to see how you waste your time at college.  haha.  Anyway, until next time...

Peace,
Jake

1 comment:

  1. Jake, its not a waste of time, and you keep up with the best of us witout haveing any "formal training." I think you need to pat yourself on the back for that. You are very talented and have an eye for design. I'm proud to be your girlfriend and I love you.

    ReplyDelete